Saturday, February 12, 2011

Girl Scout Cookie Time!

The Girl Scouts are starting their cookie sales again and I must say that I do not understand the obsession. Personally, I like oatmeal raisin cookies that are soft and chewy, not cookies that are small and hard like most of the Girl Scout ones. But, my wife, my mother, my friends all seem to love those little cookies. So I thought I would have a little fun and check out the dietary information about the more popular ones. Here we go.

Let us start with the most popular one that I know of ... The Mint! The Mint Girl Scout Cookie has 160 calories, 8g of fat, 21g carbs, and 1g of protein. That is one serving which is four cookies.

Next, Samoas have 140 calories, 7g of fat, 19g of carbs, and 1g of protien. That serving size is only two cookies.

If there was one type of cookie from the Girl Scouts that I would love it would have to be the Tagalongs. I love Peanut Butter. They have 140 Calories, 9g of fat, 13g of carbs, and 2g of protein.

Well, I believe that you would have to be a Girl Scout and do all that hiking to keep off the pounds after eating those cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment